We arrived in Alaska Saturday…but that’s hard to believe. In Alaskan Standard Time, we landed in Anchorage’s airport at 2:59 pm, but in eastern time, it was 7:00 pm. I didn’t sleep a wink on the trip here. We stopped at Seattle before continuing our flight to Anchorage. I suggested that we should have some pizza but Mom told me, “Never get any pizza in Seattle! Get fish instead. Another good thing here is coffee and mocha.” So then I suggested some clam chowder. Mom is a vegetarian and there was bacon in the chowder! Then we got back on the plane and they gave us a cheese pizza, a Twix bar, and a green salad w/ranch dressing.
Sunday morning, I saw Kim Darst, and the dog handlers named Jean, Diane, and my mom, Sandy. I helped feed the dogs and they were angels! Kim is the first Iditarod musher from NJ and one of the reasons I’m here is because my mom and I are supporting her. I just finished breakfast and it was awesome! It is a chilly snowy day.