Tuesday, March 10, 2009

RACE EVENTS & START RECAPS - Rhiannon

Today I'm leaving Alaska, but I feel as I'm loosing a home. This is the farthest I've traveled and I was here for over a week so I feel slightly strange.

Let me start off from the beginning of the Iditarod race.

Ceremonial Start:

The maximum amout of dogs Kim could bring was 12/16 of her dogs. I didn't have a badge but I was carrying something when I got caught, and the official said, "She doesn't have a badge but she's carrying something so she looks official." My job after that was to make sure there was no fighting or other things the dogs shouldn't be doing, and that all the dogs were calm so I gave them some pep-talk. Kim's Iditarider's name was Charolette. Dogs were everywhere so sometimes I wish I took Astro.

Restart:

I had the same jobs I had at the ceremonial start. Durango and Trumpet couldn't go because Kim thought they weren't as fit as they should be to race. My mom helped move the dogs to the starting line and she was dragged by them! The race was very exiting!

Banquet:

TONS OF AUTOGRAPHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have at least 24 signatures on my coat!

This is my last blog and I can answer any of your questions when I get back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment